New bike build

Today the extra parts required for my frame swap arrived.

Over the moon with this I finished work at 2 then cycled straight home to try and get it built.

I fitted the Hope pick and mix headset using a tool I made at work, quite simple threaded bar with some large washers to push against the bearing cups, I then added some spigots made from 1″ outside diameter pipe to help locate the headset. All went smoothly which was pleasing.

20130115-224317.jpg

Then fitted the hope seatclamp and thomson elite seatpost.

20130115-224419.jpg

The MsIsle then donated the rest of its parts to get the 456 up on wheels and ready to go. A new set of cables fitted and a quick run through the gears and all was complete!

20130115-224543.jpg

Went for a quick ride around the block to make sure all was working correctly and luckily all that was needed was a little tweak of the saddle position.

There’s a couple of things I’m not 100% happy with:

1: the cable routing is a little unconventional but as per the prebuilt carbon 456s, I’m not sure if I’ll leave it like this I think time will tell if it causes me any issues.

2: I’ve currently got a rather large stack of headset spacers due to running out of time to cut down my steerer tube. The 456 has a very short headtube and I am wary of havin an off and the bars hitting the top tube, will see how close I can get them without a possible clash should the worst occur.

Other than those two very minor issues I am over the moon with my purchase. Can’t wait to get out on it 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s